I am a personal injury lawyer that helps people cope with the devastation of a serious injury. My clients have ranged from healthcare professionals to oil and gas workers, and homemakers. People usually arrive at my office because they are feeling overwhelmed. They are trying to recover, often from life-changing injuries, while being faced with a legal process that is confusing and stressful. My first goal is to make sure I do everything possible to allow them to focus on recovery. I do that by helping them access the treatment they need to get better while working to get them the compensation they deserve to rebuild their lives.
What Happens When You Hire Me
When you come in for your initial free consultation, the first thing I do is listen to your story. Then I will ask you questions to get all the information I need to assess your claim and take steps to protect you. I will explain your options in clear language and answer your questions. As your claim proceeds, I will encourage you to keep me updated on how your recovery is going so that I can make sure you have what you need and answer questions that come up along the way.
Like all the lawyers at CAM LLP, you will have direct access to me, and I will handle your case from start to finish. You will not get passed off to a junior, and you can be confident that I’m the one who will get to know your case inside and out so that I can represent you effectively in any negotiations with your insurance company.
I’m very proud of the excellent relationships that our law firm has built within the community, among other professionals including doctors, healthcare service providers, expert witnesses, and lawyers on the other side of the files we do. We respect the legal process and, as a result, we have had considerable success getting insurance companies (and their lawyers) to take our recommendations for appropriate compensation seriously. Our reputation for being thorough and practical about our client’s injuries and needs means insurers know we will provide them with all the information they need to make decisions. Insurance companies know that we come to the table with fair and reasonable proposals that make sense for resolving the situation.
I believe going to court is not the only way to get a fair settlement. Long, drawn out litigation is rarely in the best interest of our clients, it’s stressful, and the outcome is uncertain. However, if it is in a client’s best interest to present their story to a judge, I will not hesitate to go that route.
- 25 + years Practicing law. I have spent the last ten years as a personal injury lawyer working primarily with people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- I have done many cases involving spinal cord and brain injuries.
- I have an interest in technology, and I have developed software used in both the real estate and legal professions. I take full advantage of the available case management software to run my practice efficiently.
- I have also run a number of different businesses including a recreational vehicle manufacturer and a renovations business. Therefore, I understand the financial implications of a serious injury for people who run a business.
- Admitted to the Alberta Bar, 1988
- Before I became a lawyer, I was a high school science teacher.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past President, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Peer Rated 4.0/5 for High Professional Achievement and endorsed for high ethical standing, Martindale-Hubbell®, 2016.
I give back to our community by participating as a director and doing pro bono work for community charities and not-for-profits. My roles have included:
- Board of Directors (including five years as Chair), Edmonton Immigrant Services Association (EISA)
- Ad hoc member, Catholic Hungarian Association (CHA)
- I also support the Heritage Hungarian School and the Boy Scouts
Outside the Office
- A former marathoner, I have run 30 or so half marathons. Now I remain active biking, hiking and playing table tennis.
- I’m an avid musician, and I’ve played in a band for many years.
- I enjoy working with my hands, and I run a renovations business in addition to my law practice.