Pedestrian accidents result in some of the most serious personal injuries, including death. Under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act, drivers must yield the right of way to pedestrians in a crosswalk or pedestrians legally crossing a road. Injuries to pedestrians are most often the result of drivers who:
- Drive without the proper care and attention
- Fail to observe posted speed limits
- Disregard weather or traffic conditions
- Disobey traffic signs or signals
- Fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked crosswalks
- Fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign
- Fail to stop before turning right on red at an intersection
- Drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you or someone you know has been struck by a motor vehicle while walking contact CAM LLP for a free consultation on what to do to make sure that you are compensated for your injuries.
We are always willing to talk to you about your options regardless of the severity of your injury.
- Find out Why CAM LLP is Different
- Meet Our Lawyers
- Learn about the History of our Firm
- Read our Testimonials
Get a free consultation