I was born and raised in Edmonton. My practice has focused on general civil litigation, including personal injury claims both as defence counsel and as plaintiff’s counsel. I chose to join CAM LLP because of their exceptional reputation within the legal community and the community at large.
My experience as insurance defence counsel means I understand how insurance companies assess, handle and value claims and what needs to be done to put the best case forward for my clients. I have a thorough understanding of the claims process and have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and their lawyers in all stages of the litigation, including settlement negotiations and alternative dispute resolution. Defence counsel know that I am competent, capable and will strongly advocate for my clients while being reasonable, respectful and professional.
I have experience in both trial advocacy and alternative dispute resolution, including mediations and judicial dispute resolution. I have represented clients in matters before the Provincial Court, Queen’s Bench, and Court of Appeal. My practice experience has included:
- Insurance litigation including defence of claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, professional liability, product liability, occupiers’ liability, and subrogated claims;
- Personal injury litigation;
- General litigation including advising on strategic approaches for the prompt and economical resolution of disputes
What Happens When You Hire Me
My experience as both defence counsel and plaintiff’s counsel on personal injury files means I apply a balanced perspective to your case. You will get an objective assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your claim.
My goal at our initial meeting is to help you feel at ease and confident in my ability to represent you. Part of my approach includes taking the time necessary to get to know you. I will spend time listening to how your injuries have affected your life and what is important to you as you move towards recovery and resolution of your claim.
With my knowledge of how insurance companies assess, handle and value claims, I will explain to you the litigation process and what needs to be done to put your best case forward.
I will ensure that you understand the litigation process, the steps that need to be taken and why. I will answer your questions and give you the information you need to make appropriate decisions about your claim and how you want to proceed.
I will be your advocate.
- I obtained a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 2005 and a Bachelor of Laws degree in 2008.
- I was called to the Alberta Bar in 2009. I worked at a mid-sized local firm and at a global firm prior to joining CAM LLP.
- I have represented clients before the Provincial Court of Alberta, Court of Queen’s Bench, and Court of Appeal.
- I have experience in many forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation and judicial dispute resolution.
- President, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Brain Care Centre Fundraising & Marketing Committe
- Founding Member, Lois Hole Women’s Society
Outside the Office
- I love to travel, cook, golf and I am an avid sports fan (Oilers, Raptors, Broncos and tennis)