My Law Practice
Before joining CAM LLP, my practice focused on general civil litigation, including personal injury claims both as defence counsel and as plaintiff’s counsel.
My experience as insurance defence counsel means I understand how insurance companies assess, handle and value claims and what needs to be done to put the best case forward for my clients. I have a thorough understanding of the claims process and have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and their lawyers in all stages of the litigation, including settlement negotiations and alternative dispute resolution.
I have experience in both trial advocacy and alternative dispute resolution, including mediations and judicial dispute resolution. I have represented clients in matters before the Provincial Court, Queen’s Bench, and Court of Appeal.
My practice experience has included:
- Personal injury litigation, including arising from motor vehicle accidents, occupiers’ liability, product liability;
- Insurance litigation including defence of claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, professional liability, product liability, occupiers’ liability, and subrogated claims;
- General civil litigation including advising on strategic approaches for the prompt and economical resolution of disputes
I am honoured to have been recognized by my peers in the 15th (2021), 16th (2022), and 17th (2023) editions of Best Lawyers in Canada and for my work in personal injury litigation.
How I Can Help You
My experience being on both sides of a personal injury file means I apply a balanced perspective to your case. You will get an objective assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your claim.
My goal is to help you feel at ease and confident in my ability to represent you. Part of my approach includes taking the time to fully understand your claim and how your injuries have affected your life and what is important to you as you move towards recovery and resolution of your claim.
With my knowledge of how insurance companies assess, handle and value claims, I will explain to you the litigation process and what needs to be done to put your best case forward.
I will ensure that you understand the litigation process, the steps that need to be taken and why. I will communicate with you in a timely manner and answer any questions you may have and provide all of the information you will need to make appropriate decisions about your claim.
- I obtained a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 2005 and a Bachelor of Laws degree in 2008 from the University of Alberta
- I was called to the Alberta Bar in 2009. I worked at a mid-sized local firm and at a global firm prior to joining CAM LLP.
- I have represented clients before the Provincial Court of Alberta, Court of Queen’s Bench, and Court of Appeal.
- I have experience in many forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation and judicial dispute resolution.
- I am honoured to have been recognized in the 2021 – 2023 editions of Best Lawyers in Canada for my work in personal injury litigation.
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Past President, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Brain Care Centre
- Member, Fundraising & Marketing Committee, Brain Care Centre
- Member, Membership and Marketing Committee, Edmonton Petroleum Golf & Country Club
- Founding Member, Lois Hole Women’s Society
Outside the Office
- I love to travel, cook, golf, spend time with family and friends, and love to cheer on my favorite sports teams (Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Raptors, Denver Broncos)